Technical advantages of the ISPFH Co-Op
The ISPFH Co-op is a not-for-profit ISP run by very technical people for
other technical people. This arrangement has many unique benefits, including these technical features:
For more information mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No oversale
- We never oversell Internet bandwidth. If you buy 512Kbps of bandwidth to
the Internet, we reserve 512Kbps of bandwidth in our network and on our
connection to our upstream provider. We will never be a bottleneck or
congestion point between the Internet and you.
- Bandwidth at cost
- As a Co-op, all bandwidth is bought in volume from our upstream, and sold
to the membership at cost.
- Colocation features
- All members can colocate servers for the cost of a switch port, bandwidth,
and rack space in our racks at the Cogent colocation facility. Cogent has a
commercial facility with reliable environmental control and backup power.
Serial console and remote power control are available from the Coop at no extra cost.
- As many IP addresses as you need
- We are required to ration our IP address allocation; however we will
always give you as many IP addresses as you actually require and can show you will usefully allocate, along with some room to grow. We can always move you to a larger address block if you are running out of addresses.
- Control over your inverse DNS mapping
- Full control over the name resolution of all of your IP addresses;
from many ISPs, this arrangement is usually only available with a full 'Class C' address block.
- DNS mirroring
- We will mirror your domain name tables (up to 11 domains) on our primary
name server. You do not need to make your internal name server visible to the
public internet, only to our server.
- Secondary MX and ETRN mail service
- E-Mail can be temporarily cached on our
SMTP server for delivery to your internal mail servers.
- NNTP access
- We maintain an NNTP server for posting access to all groups, and spool
locally a number of special-interest hierarchies.